Gremi is located in the region of Kvareli, at a distance of 150 kilometers from Tbilisi. Built by Levan, the King of Kakhetians in the 16th century, he was an important city in the Kakheti region in the Middle Ages. In the 15th century, Gremi was the residence of the royal family of Kakheti. The design occupies more than 50 hectares of space and is erected on a site with high contrast.
Thousands of built-in, significant objects, the main of which are the Dome Church of Arkhangelsk, built in 1565. Frescoes and inscriptions of the church date back to the 16th century. The dwelling, the bell tower, the caravanserai, the Nakulbakevi, the bathhouse, the fortress of Sameba (Trinity) and other buildings date back to the 16th century.